Wednesday, February 17, 2016

YESSSSSSSS!!! ORANGE ANIME IS HEREEE!

OMG OMG!

I was keeping up to date on the news on anime today as usual and then I read an article stating that Orange by Takano Ichigo will be getting an adaptation as an anime!! I was so sad thinking there was a live adaptation but not an anime one but now the dream has come truee! 

Orange (Takano Ichigo)
Rating: 10/10

If you're unaware, Orange follows the story of Takamiya Naho who receives a letter from herself in the future and tells herself of the events that will come and the events that she deeply regretted for doing and not doing. After realising that the contents of the letter were true, she reads on to find out the true purpose of why the her in the future sent this letter; which is to tell her to that her biggest regret was that she couldn't save Kakeru and wants her to spend more time with him and understand him better this time in hope to change the future where he is no longer there.

Personally, I thought this manga was great. I'd totally give it a 10/10 just because of how deeply it enraptured me into its story from the first few chapters and how much it made me cry over it. I probably cried the whole way through loll. What Orange excels in isn't the idea of an original story or unique characters at all but the fact that our characters are very normal, human and relatable. The story isn't about a girl who could miraculously change things for the better just because she received a letter from the future her but a story of proper growth and very realistic dilemmas whether it be for an adult or a teenager. Throughout the whole story, I always thought to myself, knowing that you need to save someone doesn't mean that you can save them. Knowing that they are in pain and lack a desire to live doesn't mean that you can force them to live. I think what Takano Ichigo portrayed really well through this story was the idea that things will never change unless you want it to change and do something to make it change and she shows really well how even if you change things, it won't necessarily be for the better, but you still need to persevere and you will persevere if you think it's important.

Well, I tried my best to be as vague as possible hahaha but I seriously loved this manga and can't wait until the Summer when it airs! Summer in Japan means Winter here in Australia so it'll probably air around July when it's my birthday yay!~ Super looking forward to it! Super recommend the manga! Especially since it's not very long chapter-wise but it's dense in its content when you read since there's a lot of characters' feelings to take in. Personally, I always thought Kakeru's feelings were so heavy and every time I saw stuff from his perspective, I couldn't help but understand and feel the same as him. It's a beautifully compiled story that was at the right length without it being draggy at all. I loved every bit of it and still do. Definitely a memorable manga, one that is hard to forget for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment